SoapOperaFan Message Board

Go Back   SoapOperaFan Message Board > Your Favorite Soap Opera Boards > Days of Our Lives > Discuss Days

Notices

Discuss Days General Days of Our Lives discussion happening here!

Old 01-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Jaden's Nana

Default Re: EJ and Abby

I feel like the "odd man out" character on this one. I'm just so sick and tired of Sami's mind-changing actions that I was happy someone finally made love!!!!!!! OK, I'm a skank - an EJ-loving skank! I'm sorry, but I really enjoyed something different than all the same old, same old crap on this show. For sure the woman in bed was wrong, but hell people - EJ finally made love without violence with someone!!!!!!!!!

Sami had better wake up, and I need to go to confession....
Old 01-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Bubble gum, yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii bunny View Post
Maren and Pegasus, thank you! you said exactly what I think. and it's good to see you both!

LG, I know EJ cheated on Nicole, but did he ever cheat on sami? if he has, I can't remember it. but that's what I meant when I said EJ had never cheated. I just meant he never cheated on sami, even tho he had every reason to.
The elevator scene with Nicole? Was he with Sami then, I remember seeing Sami outside with the twins in the stroller. Not sure if they were together or not, but wasn't that when Nicole got pregnant?

Welcome back Maren, Pegasus, and beau, always good to see our friends who don't post so often anymore.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroljean View Post
I feel like the "odd man out" character on this one. I'm just so sick and tired of Sami's mind-changing actions that I was happy someone finally made love!!!!!!! OK, I'm a skank - an EJ-loving skank! I'm sorry, but I really enjoyed something different than all the same old, same old crap on this show. For sure the woman in bed was wrong, but hell people - EJ finally made love without violence with someone!!!!!!!!!

I've always been a huge Ejami fan (and still am) but I've been watching this show on and off for 45 years and I never take anything seriously on it I do think that cheating on Sami is out of character for EJ... I don't remember all the details but I don't think he was a couple with Sami years ago when Nicole got pregnant. I don't think they've ever been a real, willing couple on Sami's part (even when they were married before), until this most recent time. EJ is also the only man in Sami's life that never had the hots for her sister. So although I'm not happy about him cheating on her, it does shake things up a bit! If all the couples always had a happily ever after, it would be a pretty boring show.

All that said.... I'm just now watching "the scene" on nbc.com and all I have to say is.... I really can't blame Abby.... I mean, if I were Abby and alone in a cabin with EJ and all of a sudden he kissed me, all sense of reason would just fly out the window! lol I really can't blame her for wanting more of that. Like she said.... "any woman with a pulse."

I agree that Abby seems way too young for him, but the actors are only 10 years apart in real life, and who knows how old their soap characters are supposed to be anymore, since they age and de-age all the time. Age differences only bother me when one of them is old enough to be the other person's parent and EJ and Abby (and the actors) are not that far apart.

I guess for me the criteria for an entertaining or good storyline is whether or not it bores me, NOT whether or not it makes me angry/irritated/etc or any other negative emotion. Actually, if a storyline makes you really mad, then the writers are doing their job! A bad storyline is one that makes you yawn and lose your interest. Just like in real life... the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. Did the EJ/Abby thing bore me? No, it did not

Last edited by celticheart; 01-08-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:42 AM

EJ's never cheated on Sami because they've never officially been together, with the exception of when she married him the first time to keep her family safe, but she still wanted Lucas then. Ever since then, it's been on again off again with Sami wanting Lucas or Rafe over EJ and this engagement is the longest they've been together when they both wanted each other, so this was the first time that EJ's cheated on Sami.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker girl View Post
I don't think Days cares about ages all that much, as long as the people are legal. Abby's age is anyone's guess. She was much older when JJ was born, but now they've de-aged her. The actress is 25, JS will turn 35 on Jan. 14th. Who knows what their ages are supposed to be as characters. That doesn't bother me. Now when Daniel was going to bed Chelsea, that creeped me out, but she was so young and thin and seemed like a child.

Since I rarely read spoilers, I didn't know they'd sleep together, although some of the posts earlier on pointed in that direction. The kiss made sense to me, but the sex part did not. At least the way it was played out. After just one guy, Abby seemed quite confident and came on to EJ like an expert. And only afterwards did she act surprised by what happened. Kind of strange. She hadn't even considered that she had now had sex with two brothers until later.

Abby is smart and doesn't take any bull from EJ, and he likes that. It probably surprised him that sex can occur without pushing and yelling, too. But he still loves Sami, I'm sure, and will feel confused and guilty.
See, I didn't interpret it as Abby coming on like an expert. Just posted on another thread, that they both freaked after the kiss, Abby covered her mouth like, what have I done, then as EJ was leaving, she briefly touched his arm as in gaging what he wanted, then she stepped up on that step and went after him. I saw it sort of like a dance and she took the lead. Ahem, I think I would have too, and I would not have unbuttoned those buttons, honey, they would be FLYING across the room as I ripped open his shirt! LOL!

Oh, and afterwards, I felt like Abby felt a bit insecure about her "abilities" she even told EJ he didn't have to flatter her cause she was new to this, or something like that, and sort of thought she didn't have the abilities a well seasoned woman might have. To me, she seemed naive yet knew what she wanted and got it.

Last edited by LR; 01-08-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR View Post
See, I didn't interpret it as Abby coming on like an expert. Just posted on another thread, that they both freaked after the kiss, Abby covered her mouth like, what have I done, then as EJ was leaving, she briefly touched his arm as in gaging what he wanted, then she stepped up on that step and went after him. I saw it sort of like a dance and she took the lead. Ahem, I think I would have too, and I would not have unbuttoned those buttons, honey, they would be FLYING across the room as I ripped open his shirt! LOL!

Oh, and afterwards, I felt like Abby felt a bit insecure about her "abilities" she even told EJ he didn't have to flatter her cause she was new to this, or something like that, and sort of thought she didn't have the abilities a well seasoned woman might have. To me, she seemed naive yet knew what she wanted and got it.
The highlighted sentence tells it all to me. That is exactly what Abby wanted, she wanted to have sex with EJ and she got it. So to me she was the seducer and knew exactly what she was doing. She has come a long way from her ridiculous virgin pin and it looks like she's now trying to make up for lost time. And I don't care what anyone says about age differences, they do bother me. These actors may not be that far apart in age but on the show I consider them quite a bit of a difference. I see EJ as being a little older than Sami. And Sami has Will who is suppose to be Abby's age. Granted Sami was young when she had him but she wasn't 12. So I see Abby as being young enough to be EJ's daughter. Don't like it at all. And I also don't see a lot of maturity in Abby maybe because I don't like her and think she's nothing but a busybody and now a tramp.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldie View Post
The highlighted sentence tells it all to me. That is exactly what Abby wanted, she wanted to have sex with EJ and she got it. So to me she was the seducer and knew exactly what she was doing. She has come a long way from her ridiculous virgin pin and it looks like she's now trying to make up for lost time. And I don't care what anyone says about age differences, they do bother me. These actors may not be that far apart in age but on the show I consider them quite a bit of a difference. I see EJ as being a little older than Sami. And Sami has Will who is suppose to be Abby's age. Granted Sami was young when she had him but she wasn't 12. So I see Abby as being young enough to be EJ's daughter. Don't like it at all. And I also don't see a lot of maturity in Abby maybe because I don't like her and think she's nothing but a busybody and now a tramp.
Since I didn't watch the show I can't really comment but from what I have read it seems Abby was the agressor but then going after married or engaged men is nothing new for this tramp, remember Austin. If EJ was going to cheat on Sami just why did they have to involve him with one of the most unlikeable twits on DOOL sorry can't stand the sight of Abby and don't care for KM in the role. As far as age I believe Abby is 21 (she is just graduating college) and EJ is in his late 30s way to big an age difference since Abby has the mental age of 15 IMO.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Pecks

Send a message via AIM to JP

Really can't complain. The scenes were HOT. James just has chemistry with every actress.

But if you're a hardcore EJami... then you should have faith in your couple... that's all I'll say. Look how many people John.. Marlena.. Bo.. Hope.. etc have done the deed with during their respective marriages.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroljean View Post

I agree with you! No violent sex that he is used to with Sami, he even enjoyed the whole thing, he said so himself. I just can't wait until Sami finds out
Old 01-08-2014, 11:30 AM

Celticheart, Caroljean and LR are speaking exactly my thoughts!!!