SoapOperaFan Message Board

Go Back   SoapOperaFan Message Board > Your Favorite Soap Opera Boards > Days of Our Lives > Discuss Days

Notices

Discuss Days General Days of Our Lives discussion happening here!

Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 AM

Default Gabby and her condition & Eric the Priest

Just watched Thursday's episode on hulu. I was glad that the writers allowed Gabby a chance to to the right thing and actually tell Will asap about the baby and how Will is the father.
The writers could easily have made her try and hide the fact that Will is the father and try to pass it off as Nick's.
Granted that could still happen if Will goes along with it to keep from wrecking his thing with Sonny.

Nice to see them give Gabby some redeeming qualities again.

On another note I find it hilarious that Eric the priest is in town. Wonder if Sami has informed him that his eldest nephew plays for the other team. That could be interesting to watch. Maybe Lucas and Nick will have someone else on their side who doesn't immediately condemn them as bigots because they are uncomfortable with Will and Sonny's relationship.

Forgive me for not getting up. I fell through the screen door last week and strained myself.
I've been falling to pieces ever since.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Gabby and her condition & Eric the Priest

I too thought it was great that Gabby told Will right away. That was not the norm and a refreshing change. I also loved how Will was with her, he handled it maturely and made her feel like they were in it together and she is not alone. Now I only hope that Will tells Sonny right away because I think that will help with Sonny being able to understand what happened. Unfortunately though I don't think this will be the case and when Sonny finds out by default somehow he will not only be upset at the situation but be hurt that Will hid it from him. Hope I'm wrong but guess I'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

It will also will be interesting in hearing Eric's thoughts about Will being gay. I am curious how the writers will handle this.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 PM

so glad the writers didn't make her wait weeks to tell Will. I was surprised how Will handled it. I thought he was great a little to great, actually I found it unusal that he took it the way he did. I wonder If he is going to evenutally freak out over this. Sami seems to really care for Gabbi but I also wonder how she is going to handle all of this. I can see her blaming Gabbi for all of it
Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM

Imagine if it brings Sami and Rafe together and then he'd be an uncle and grandpa at the same time to the same child. LOL
Old 11-16-2012, 12:17 PM

Will is in total shock - I do not think it has fully registered yet. He was really great with Gabby though - very supportive - hope he remains that way.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 PM
OLD MEMBER

Maybe Eric will counseling Will.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM
FUSW, Bully and Meanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berly67 View Post
so glad the writers didn't make her wait weeks to tell Will. I was surprised how Will handled it. I thought he was great a little to great, actually I found it unusal that he took it the way he did. I wonder If he is going to evenutally freak out over this. Sami seems to really care for Gabbi but I also wonder how she is going to handle all of this. I can see her blaming Gabbi for all of it
I agree completely, berly. I think they are playing up the sami adoring Gabi thing for a reason. so when it comes out, we will see sami turn on a dime and support her son over Gabi. I think she'll blame Gabi as well and may not be overly nice about it. could be soapy!

I had a wonderful evening...but this wasn't it.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM

Bottom line here is I really didn't want to see another pregnancy on this show for awhile. I agree Will was great the way he handled it. But really, did we need another pregnant woman. Good lord, these people need to be educated on birth control.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Bubble gum, yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldie View Post
Bottom line here is I really didn't want to see another pregnancy on this show for awhile. I agree Will was great the way he handled it. But really, did we need another pregnant woman. Good lord, these people need to be educated on birth control.
Me either!! Sick of baby sls.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM
FUSW, Bully and Meanie

I think this one is going to get ugly. Will knows that this is his baby and he is going to want it. but Nick is going to fight him for it. Gabi is going to be caught between her best friend and the man she loves. Sonny could go either way...pissed that Will didn't confide in him or ready to fight for Will to get his baby. sami will be in Will's corner and rafebag will be in Gabi's corner. I see a whole lot of messy out of it.

not thrilled with another baby story, but at least they are going for the more soapy, messy angle. maybe it'll be some soapy good fun...let's hope.

I had a wonderful evening...but this wasn't it.