SoapOperaFan Message Board

Go Back   SoapOperaFan Message Board > Your Favorite Soap Opera Boards > Days of Our Lives > Days Spoilers, News and Rumors

Notices

Days Spoilers, News and Rumors Post and discuss any spoilers, news and rumors here.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM

Cool Ian Buchanan off GH!?

Ian Buchanan who played Ian McCallister on Days until mid August 2012 made a very surprising return to General Hospital as Duke Lavery. The actor's returned surprised and stunned GH fans as he had not been on that show for 23 years.

Well as of this past Friday he his no longer on GH as the return was revealed to be a hoax. It was revealed on Friday that man everyone thought was the villainous Duke Lavery was another villain masquerading as Duke Lavery. In the closing seconds of Friday's GH episode the person pretending to be Duke Lavery removed what turned out to be a "Duke Lavery" mask and revealed his true identity to a female character named Robin.

Apparently GH managed in today's internet age to keep this major plot twist a secret as it has generated a lot of talk on various soap opera websites
Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Bubble gum, yum!

Default Re: Ian Buchanan off GH!?

Hmmm...too bad for IB.....I've been watching Alias on Netflix and IB was in an episode and looking fine....not so thin and frail. Oh, well, this is the life of an actor....he will hopefully land on his feet somewhere.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Pecks

Send a message via AIM to JP

He actually looked amazing on GH. Like a really epic villain. Not as creepy and sloppy as Ian was on Days.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Wild Card

That's too bad for Ian, although he obviously knew about it. Never watch GH, but I saw a pic or two of him recently, and he looked good. The ol' ripping off mask ploy, eh?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM

Smile Re: Ian Buchanan off GH!?

**UPDATE**

Ian Buchanan is still on GH and still playing the real Duke Lavery. The fake Duke Lavery was revealed to be legendary GH villain Cesar Faison.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Wild Card

Well that's good.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Old Skool Member

I don't watch GH, but my parents do and I'm home visiting and saw Friday's show. Ian looks great on GH. I was actually excited when Days announced he was coming on board b/c I knew of him. On Days he just looked weird and old. On GH, he looks like a sexy man. I think he dyed his hair-- but otherwise, I don't know what could make such a big difference!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 AM

Oly I know what you mean he looks completely different and so much better. I too am not sure exactly why he looks better these days but I was channel surfing and saw him and recognized his voice before I realized who it was and was so surprised how handsome he is. If he looked like that on Days I would have fully understood why Kate had an affair with him - LOL!